S8C Independent Supporters' Association 2013 Annual General Meeting
  • Save the Date!

The AGM will be held on Sat. Jan. 26, 2013 at Toyota Park beginning at 1pm.

Join fellow Fire fans for our annual gathering to discuss the past year and future plans for supporters' culture.

More details in the coming days.
  • The AGM will be held on Sat. Jan. 26, 2013 at Toyota Park beginning at 1pm.

Join fellow Fire fans for our annual gathering to discuss the past year and future plans for supporters' culture.

• Thums Up!
  • Will there be a bus from the city like last year?
  • ^^ Yeah, I'm also interested about transportation to the stadium! Options??
  • Those who are interested in transport to the stadium, I recommend you reach out to all of your Fire fan friends and see if you can amass ~20 people who would use a bus. Don't wait for someone to get it done for you, get motivated to help get it done instead. It would be awesome if an individual started a thread and started motivating people to get a list of ~20 or on board.
  • I'll be driving in from Michigan for the meeting. I usually stay on the south side, Archer and Austin area, not too far from the park. If anyone near needs a ride, I can fit one or two into my tiny hatchback.
  • I'll be driving in from Michigan for the meeting. I usually stay on the south side, Archer and Austin area, not too far from the park. If anyone near needs a ride, I can fit one or two into my tiny hatchback.

What part of the Mitten do you live in again? 
  • Southwest Michigan. The (small) town is called Hartford, almost directly in between from Benton Harbor/St. Joe and Kalamazoo. about 115-120 miles from Chicago.
  • I love Sawyer Michigan!
  • Will we have name tags where we can put our given names as well as our forum handles?
  • Name tags - good idea.   Bus running from Cleo's  - details soon.
  • Will there be food? Yes I'm asking because I'm currently really hungry
  • Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you!

FUCKING BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I miss you guys and want to see as many faces as possible. 
  • Name tags - good idea.   Bus running from Cleo's  - details soon.

Whatever info there is on this "bus from cleo's", let me know cause im down!
  • The AGM will be held this Saturday at Toyota Park beginning at 1pm.

Join fellow Fire fans for our annual gathering to discuss the past year and future plans for supporters' culture.  Get clued in on what Next Level Shit means for the ISA and our community and how you can get involved.

There will be a bus from Cleo's (Chicago Ave, just east of Damen; details soon) as well as some food (catered by our great friend Javier of Los Comales) and beer & drinks at the event.

Afterwards, we can all head to Cleo's for an after-hangout/party.

• The AGM will be held this Saturday at Toyota Park beginning at 1pm.

Join fellow Fire fans for our annual gathering to discuss the past year and future plans for supporters' culture.  Get clued in on what Next Level Shit means for the ISA and our community and how you can get involved.

There will be a bus from Cleo's (Chicago Ave, just east of Damen; details soon) as well as some food (catered by our great friend Javier of Los Comales) and beer & drinks at the event.

Afterwards, we can all head to Cleo's for an after-hangout/party.

Does Javier and his group accept tips for making the awesome food?
  • Need a ride to the AGM! Catch the free bus from Cleo's, leaving at noon.

Just signed up.

Thanks to those who put this together!!!
  • Can't make the Cleo's bus. Anyone leaving from around the Globe that could squeeze in two?
  • After the AGM, please join the new ISA Board and your fellow supporters at Cleo's (Chicago Ave, just east of Damen) for an after-party.

Specials that night include...
    Food: $1 Mini Burgers and Pulled Pork Sliders and just for us....20% off their fantastic pizzas, all combos delicious!
    Drink: $2.50 Retro cans, $4 Bloody Marys and Mimosas
  • What's the dress code for the meeting? Business formal or business casual?
  • Casual... whatever you would wear on a winter's Saturday afternoon out will be OK.  We're not that stuffy.
  • Sounds good. I'll leave the bowtie at home. Just kidding, I love wearing bowties.
  • Then wear it! :-bd
  • Can I bring one for you to wear as well? I think it would look pretty snazzy.
  • I'll be fine and maybe even snazzy.
  • I will wear a scarf, thank you.  
  • Colorado Business-style for those who remember that one.
  • We'll be the best looking gents at the AGM.

Awesome! Can't wait to be there this weekend! 
  • Thanks much to our beloved organizers for putting the bus together.

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but is there a contingency plan for Annie's departure?  Basically I just am wondering if the position will still be filled this saturday...

-Alex
  • forevered said:

I apologize if this has been discussed elsewhere, but is there a contingency plan for Annie's departure?  Basically I just am wondering if the position will still be filled this saturday...
    Alex

Josie was events. I was thinking maybe he's revert back....

• bunge said:

forevered said:

Alex

Josie was events. I was thinking maybe he's revert back....

Say what?
    :-/
  • iPhone autocorrect fuck up. Josue was events. Sorry.
  • Actually I was curious about Annie's departure. Either I missed something on the forums or it wasn't announced. So I assume she isn't running for events?
  • Annie got a great offer to work in Miami and took it.

Therefore she will not be in Chicago this year.

• We are planning to have a Google Hangout so that folks who are unable to attend the AGM can listen in.  Stayed tuned for details on how to get the link and more.
  • So,

Presumably - Since there are no longer any candidates for Director of Events, whomever is appointed by the newly elected board as the Events Coordinator wouldn't have a board vote either?

• According to the bylaws the chair can recommend a candidate to fill an empty board position and the board votes to confirm/deny the candidate. If approved that candidate would be a full voting member.

The only reason for the non voting solution described previously is the conflict between the bylaws and the possibility of having three members of a supporter group elected to the board. Since the bylaws provide a mechanism for filling empty spots on the board, it's the best course of action (assuming of course that the chair doesn't recommend a member of URS for the empty spot, which I don't consider likely).
  • the bylaws be bylaws. fair.

when going through the by-laws, however, i think it should be considered to remove Voting Rights from non-elected board members.

from a standpoint of ... if this were my local government of 7 chairs, its just absolutely silly that someone who wasn't voted in by the populace would have voting rights; while someone who was elected in doesn't, simply because he's the 3rd democrat in office.
  • Agreed. Your logic is flawless.
  • I wouldn't say flawless logic, simply because you could get to a point that we had a board without the ability to pass a majority vote.
  • bunge said:

I wouldn't say flawless logic, simply because you could get to a point that we had a board without the ability to pass a majority vote.

As is yours in pointing out that there does need to be a minimum number of voting board members.

OK?
    :-??

when going through the by-laws, however, i think it should be considered to remove Voting Rights from non-elected board members.

from a standpoint of ... if this were my local government of 7 chairs, its just absolutely silly that someone who wasn't voted in by the populace would have voting rights; while someone who was elected in doesn't, simply because he's the 3rd democrat in office.

This is assuming that you dont trust the decision of the board that the majority elected

Yeah I don't disagree, the thing is we're trying to stick to the bylaws as much as possible to avoid setting damaging precedents.

And to be perhaps unnecessarily lawyerly about this -- in this specific situation, Freddy wouldn't actually be elected, because once 2 URS people were elected he could not be per the bylaws. He would be nominated by the chair and voted on by the board, much like whomever ends up in the events position, albeit without voting privileges -- which is our attempt at setting the least-damaging precedent for the future.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!